Last updated: Monday 9th November 2020.
You must wear a face covering on board the train and at the station (unless a medical condition or disability prevents you), try to avoid busy periods varying your usual travel times to prevent crowding and check specific journey times before you travel.
If you do choose to travel on Northern Trains services, please remember to;
- buy your ticket online or pay by contactless
- respect the social distancing rules
- follow the instructions at stations and of staff
- wear a face covering, unless you have a medical exception or a disability that prevents you from doing so
- take your face covering and litter with you
- wash your hands before and after your journey
- avoid rush hour and travel at quieter periods where possible
- allow extra time for your journey
Temporary timetables for the Leeds -Settle-Carlisle railway…
Temporary timetables are in operation across the Northern Trains rail network. Click the links below for the latest timetable service for the Leeds-Settle-Appleby-Carlisle rail lines.
New Timetable Service: 14th September – 12th December:
Additional Sunday Service:
From Sunday 16th August, the Sunday 16:07 service departing from Carlisle will now call at Ribblehead, at approx. 17:17, and Horton-in-Ribblesdale, at approx. 17:24.
Please note that the two additional calling points and times do not currently feature on the Northern Trains or National Rail online journey planners.
It is important that you check your journey times prior to travelling. Due to the current situation, travel times are subject to change at short notice. Plan your journey on the Northern Trains website here.
Fares & How to Purchase Tickets…
Alternatively, telephone National Rail Enquiries on 03457 48 49 50 (open 24 hours a day, except Christmas Day).
Engineering Works: 24th – 28th October 2020
October 21, 2020
Additional Rail Replacement Bus Service…
September 18, 2020
Experience the Settle-Carlisle Railway this Autumn…
September 9, 2020