Job Title: General Manager
Responsible to: Chairman
Hours of work: 30 hours over 4 days
Main Place of Work: Settle
Settle Carlisle Railway Development Co was set up in 1992 to promote rail services and stations on the Settle to Carlisle line, seeking to maintain a high profile in the communities served by the line and undertakes commercial activity intended to provide or generate additional use of the railway line. We are recognised by the Department of Transport through accreditation as a Community Rail Partnership.
We are looking for someone with lots of passion, energy and drive, a real self-starter whom can engage with their teams, offer coaching and support and drive the business through its people.
Purpose & Basic Objectives of Post
To lead, direct and deliver the objectives of the company.
Key accountabilities include:
- Overseeing daily business operations across two sites
- Developing and implementing growth strategies in line with Business Strategy
- Analyse accounting and financial data
- Health and Safety, development and welfare of staff
- Oversee Annual Activity Plan in line with Department of Transport criteria
- Attend Board meetings and appropriate stakeholder meetings
- A background of driving success and managing people across multidisciplinary teams
- Accounting experience in P&L and if possible payroll
- Previous planning and delivering business objectives
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Able to self-motivate, meet deadlines and achieve company objectives with minimal or no supervision
- Proficient in using all MS Office applications
- Previous HR and Management skills
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Board experience
- Strong community and stakeholder experience
- Driving Licence and have access to a car
- Flexible to working days
- Self-directed, confident and proactive
- Organised, calm under pressure, able to prioritise effectively
- Be committed to continuous improvement
Your main place of work will be Settle, however, you will be expected to travel to the operation at Appleby Station and other sites in order to perform your role and you will be provided with a rail travel pass for this purpose.
To be successful in this role, you will have strong management and communication skills to engage with a variety of people and be committed to delivering company objectives.
Job Description available on request.
To apply, please provide a covering letter with your CV to John Moorhouse, Chairman, Settle Carlisle Railway Development Co Ltd, Town Hall, Market Street, BD24 9EJ or preferably through email, email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding this role please do not hesitate to contact John on 07807 768124.
Closing Date: Friday 5 August 2022
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Salary: £27,280.00 per year
- Free or subsidised travel
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- A-Level or equivalent (required)
- management: 3 years (required)
- Financial acumen: 2 years (required)
- English (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Application deadline: 05/08/2022