There are numerous ways to purchase tickets for travel along the Leeds-Settle-Carlisle line and other routes within the country.
Please remember that, unless you are boarding the train at an unmanned station, you must purchase your ticket prior to boarding the train.
You can buy tickets at:
- Any manned booking office throughout the country
- At ticket vending machines sited at railway stations
- From the various internet sites who retail train tickets. To book tickets for travel on the Settle-Carlisle Railway line, click here.
- Or, if boarding at an unmanned station, you can purchase tickets from the conductor on the train
You should be aware that:
- Whilst internet retailers provide the option for the discounts for the various national railcards, some do not provide the option to obtain discounts for the local Dales Railcard
- The range of ticket options can be huge and prices can depend on time of travel.
- Whilst advance purchase tickets are available, there are occasions when it is cheaper to purchase day return tickets.
- The booking office staff at Settle and Appleby (and other booking offices) are able to provide a wealth of information and assist with finding good value tickets.