Last updated: Tues 27th July 2021.
A Summer Staycation in Settle and Carlisle Country
This summer, Rail Charter Services brings The Staycation Express to the world-renowned Settle and Carlisle railway to provide you with an unforgettable First-Class rail excursion travelling across the Yorkshire Dales and the Eden Valley.
ENTER OUR COMPETITION TO WIN FOUR FIRST-CLASS TICKETS BELOW.
After the success of last year’s post-lockdown summer timetable, the First-Class only service will run return journeys between Skipton and Carlisle via Settle and Appleby running until the 9th of September. The Staycation Express runs alongside the daily service by Northern to supply extra capacity to the iconic route through the summer season.
The Staycation Express tempts guests on-board with style and comfort aboard a newly refurbished 5-coach InterCity 125. Carriages come complete with leather reclining seating, COVID secure Perspex screens, private tables, large pictorial windows, and power-points.
Whether you are visiting the region for a day trip, staying for a long break or a local wishing to reconnect with the landscape; this year’s timetabled tourist service provides passengers with the perfect opportunity to explore the area. From the Yorkshire Dales’ spectacular scenery to breath taking heights from the top of the Ribblehead Viaduct and the awe-inspiring remote fells of Westmorland; make new memories this summer aboard an unforgettable staycation.LEARN MORE ABOUT THE STAYCATION EXPRESS
Win 4 First-Class Tickets for The Staycation Express
To celebrate the launch of The Staycation Express, the Settle-Carlisle Railway CRP are proud to offer you the opportunity to WIN four First-Class return tickets for a family or group to travel along the Settle to Carlisle railway on-board this summer’s exclusive charter service.
The prize is for four First Class Return tickets for travel on the Staycation Express by Rail Charter Services. Tickets permit the winner, and up to three guests, a return journey from any of the following stations on the Settle to Carlisle route: Skipton, Settle, Appleby and Carlisle.
The prize must be claimed and used before Sunday 9th September 2021 (the final timetabled date for the Staycation Express service).
How to enter:
To be in with a chance of winning four First-Class return tickets, all you need to do is provide us with your email address by using the form below. To do this, simply click the button below to complete the form.ENTER TO WIN FOUR FIRST-CLASS RETURN TICKETS
When entering your email, you’ll be provided with the opportunity to sign up to our mailing list. By ticking the forms consent box you’ll opt-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, which is packed full of handy travel news, information and offers from the region of the railway.
For those of you that chose not to sign up to the mailing list, your data will be removed from our systems following the closure of this competition.
This competition will close on Wednesday 18th August 2021. Entries received after this date will not be counted.
Competition Terms & Conditions
- This competition will close on Wednesday 18th August 2021. Entries received after this date will not be counted.
- The winner will be selected at random on or shortly after the 18th August 2021. The winner will be announced on Facebook, Twitter and here on our website.
- To enter, you are required to provide your email address to us using the online form here. This form will provide you with the opportunity to opt-in to our mailing list (optional).
- A limit of one entry per valid email address/person will be accepted.
- The prize winner will be contacted via email.
- The prize is for four First Class Return tickets for travel on the Staycation Express by Rail Charter Services.Tickets permit the winner, and up to three guests, a return journey from any of the following stations on the Settle to Carlisle route: Skipton, Settle, Appleby and Carlisle. Find more details about the Staycation Express here: https://bit.ly/3wRKxWh
- Date of travel and specific journey options will be confirmed with the winner upon acceptance of prize.A member of our team will be in touch with the prize winner via email and/or telephone.
- The prize must be claimed and used before Sunday 9th September 2021 (the final timetabled date for the Staycation Express service).
- The prize has no cash value and cannot be exchanged.
- Additional journey costs arising from your own independent travel to and from boarding stations or costs associated with packages/upgrades provided by Rail Charter Services on-board the Staycation Express is not covered in this prize.
- Timetabled service dates and times for the Staycation Express are provided by Rail Charter Services. These times and dates may change subject to government and UK-wide Coronavirus restrictions surrounding travel.
Plan Your Journey with the N7a Travel Guide
The Settle-Carlisle Railway CRP are delighted to announce the N7a Travel Guide for the 2021 summer staycation season. Our new special timetable booklet promotes both the daily Northern service and ‘The Staycation Express charter train by Rail Charter Services.
Full of useful information for your journey, download your copy by clicking the button below.VIEW & DOWNLOAD THE N7a TRAVEL GUIDE & TIMETABLE
Book Tickets & Group Trips
The Settle-Carlisle Railway Development Company are delighted to be providing a telephone booking service for The Staycation Express.
Bookings for The Staycation Express can be made with our Sales Team by phoning on 01768 353200. Our team will be happy to assist you with booking tickets and group journeys and arranging bike storage and mobility assistance.
Tickets for The Staycation Express must be pre-booked. National Rail tickets are not accepted on this service.CONTACT US FOR TICKETS AND GROUP BOOKINGS PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE